Thursday, December 6, 2007

Need to start up again

It's time that I update, before the new year comes.

I have been reminded this past week a few times about my love for cooking and I realized I haven't blogged any recipes or anything about cooking this whole time, at least as far as I can remember.

I do love looking through cookbooks and finding new recipes and trying them. I have also loved the amazing Internet with great search engines. I have found many recipes of things that I have tried and wanted to make. The girls are actually loving looking through cookbooks, right now Superstar wants to be a cook when she grows up.

What better way than to add a favorite that I found since we moved to Tennessee.
(I have found a microwave brownie recipe that could be made in minutes, but I thought that would make things a little harder as I was trying to stay away from chocolate, so I haven't tried that yet.)

This one was found on www.cdkitchen.com


Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits

Ingredients: (I usually double this recipe, because I make really big biscuits and everyone always wants them, it only makes 12 extremely big ones when I double it)


2 cups Bisquick. baking mix ( I googled how to make a homemade bisquick mix, because I almost never have pancake mix)
2/3 cup milk (I always have to add more milk)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded
1/4 cup margarine or butter -- melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450. Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min. or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 biscuits.

1 comments:

Cullen said...

They are quite awesome.