Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beginning to Read

Bobo started reading this past week. He read his first book, containing 8 pages with few words. We are so proud of him. He read his second little 8 page book the next day. This was just enough to spark my love for home schooling all over again.


I started recently trying to decide what was best for my kids in the upcoming year. I'm guessing I'm in nursing school and I know I'll be extremely busy. I never wanted to be the parent that was so blind sided by one opinion, that I wouldn't be open to other options. I know many parents that would never even debate the idea of public school or home schooling for their kids.

I know soon after I started home schooling I got a big head about it and about how I was doing so much better than the public school system. I almost jumped on that "I'd Never Send My Kid to Public School" band wagon. I have also seen the opposite spectrum, which is, I hope I'm not ruining them. I realized I needed to figure out what was best for my kids and at one point it might be public school or private school, but right now we'll continue to home school.

0 comments: