Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PAIN!!!!




I had my tumor removed from my thumb this past Thursday (the tumor was benign). I had a lot of stuff planned directly after, because I haven't been without the use of a hand before. I have found that since I don't have use of my dominant hand, I can't do a lot of things.

Things that have been difficult:

changing a diaper
putting deodorant on left arm with left hand
typing
writing
washing left armpit
eating
reading
folding clothes
many other daily tasks

Things that are just impossible:

tying shoes
putting on a bra
opening the plastic on crackers
my hair!!!
I'm sure there are other things, I just can't think of more right now

I went to the doctor's office today and had my stitches removed. That brought me to tears, one of the most painful things that has ever happened to me. As I said before my tumor is benign. They didn't have to cut nerves, but they did have to move them around a bit, so the tip of my thumb is a little numb, I kind if wish the rest of the thumb could have that numbness. After dealing with the pain, I realized I can't move my thumb at all. That just about brings on another round of tears. Not being able to move something that you know should move. Hopefully it will get better, with this next week. I go in again Mar 7th.

3 comments:

WWJDJOHN said...

Hello Shanna, Sorry to hear about your Pain I have had several surgeries (SP?) and have had several fingers cut badly and I know now much that the stiches remaoval hurts, even the removal of the bandage got me wow. Well anyway we are praying for you and wish you well and a speedy recovery. God is Good.
Uncle Johnny

Todd said...

SJ,
Hey, I remember your funky bump! I'm so glad that it is benign. I hope that Hubby is picking up the slack at home. Wish I were there to help.
Love,
Stacey

Todd said...

Time to updat:) I'm bored...