Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Bobo!


My youngest is three, well technically tomorrow, but the celebration was this past weekend. Bobo wanted a pirate birthday, so that is what happened.



We started the festivities with each kid making their pirate flag. Decorating construction paper with pre-printed and cut pirate graphics. (You'd think I would clean off the bar before taking a picture? And for those who haven't seen my ugly green walls with pink countertops---TADA!)

Next we decked the kids out in homemade bandannas to appear more pirate like and practiced saying AAARRRRGGGH!!!


Then we moved on to pin the X on the X. Yes, my creativity was just flowing...I had planned on drawing treasure chests on the circles, because X marks the spot for treasure, but it was easier to put an X on the circles.


My husband read How I Became a Pirate to the kids. Then after that we followed a map to find gold. (baggies filled with some Rollos, Hershey's in gold wrappers and butterscotch.) With the gold there was a pinata waiting.


We made the pinata, then my husband spray painted it for us. Making the pinata became a family event. During our first go with the paper mache, the balloon popped and myself, the kids and the entire kitchen was covered with flour water mixture. It stuck good too! Lesson learned, do paper mache outside.

Then of course we did presents and had cake and ice cream. I had read somewhere to pre-scoop the ice cream in cupcake liners, so they were ready to go----such and awesome idea. Bobo requested the pirate treasure chest cake. So that is what that cake is supposed to be.

We had a great time. Thanks to all that were able to come and celebrate the birthday with us!

0 comments: