Sunday, July 27, 2008

White Water Rafting

My sister asked me before I came out on my trip to visit her in Oregon, if I would like to go white water rafting. I'm usually up for anything, so I said OK. I'm so glad I did, it was one of the most fun things I have ever done in my life. I can't wait to have an opportunity to do something like this again.

Our trip was a 6 1/2 hour day, 16 miles on the Deschutes River. We met in Maupin, OR and got on the river there. We went about 4 miles down and had a great lunch grilled for us and got to dry off a bit. The rest was mostly riding the river.

Remember, if you click on the pictures they will enlarge and you can see the OH CRAP! looks on our faces better!

My sister is in a pink hat and I am in a beige hat.

This is one of the rapids we hit, we all had to get down in the boat.
And this is why!

This was the first rapid we hit!

It was hit pretty hard!

Yep! I was the first one out of the boat!

My sister and another guy got me back in pretty quick.
Everyone, except my sister got thrown out at a different rapid.

We also got to swim (float, get tossed around) in some Class 2 rapids.
That was pretty fun too!

We had water fights with the other boats.
We had our guns. We had a blast.

At one point many people from the boats chose to cliff dive. NOT I!

0 comments: