Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Newsflash----well an update at least!

Dad's back "surgery" went fine. It was a spinal block, they call it surgery, I guess because they are sticking a needle in the spine with cortisone, but he is doing okay. He would be doing a little better if he wasn't putting together the new computer that came in today. Oh, well, hopefully this works well. Oldest child went with me and I taught her to text, so we texted back and forth sitting right next to each other. We played with the camera on our phones (mine & dad's phone) and we wrote letters and she finished her math book. (she is excited about that!!--I don't think she realizes I have the next one ready to go for her!) Yes, we waited a long time for him to get that needle stuck in his back. (Thank you Julie for watching my other children.)

Oldest started swim team through our local YMCA. The price was awesome, it is $20 a month. The downside is practice is 4 nights a week! (Yes, because we weren't busy enough before this.) She is getting pretty good and she really loves going to practice.

Middle child started gymnastics. She chose to start gymnastics before the Olympics started. Her first practice was right around the beginning of the Olympics. I wish I had been able to take a picture of her face when we first walked in the gym, her face just glowed and her eyes were beaming when she saw the bars, and beams, and all the other gymnasts working. (of course the first thing J-Mom sees is all the cast boots, wrapped ankles, & other injuries, I'm thinking this might not be the best idea, she could really get hurt.) She has loved every minute of it. She is already trying to figure out how to get on to pre-team, she has only had 3 practices. The first thing out of her mouth after her hour there, is can I stay and do some more?

Bobo will start Speech Therapy this next Friday. I found a place that was about $70 a session and insurance will pay 65%. It's better than other options. I'm really hoping this will help a good bit, I can't wait until I can understand him more.

J-Mom is extremely excited!!!! I FINALLY FOUND A WII FIT!!!! Every time I had gone into a store and asked for it, I was always told, "I'm sorry, we just sold our last one." I was certain I wasn't supposed to have one. I have had so much fun with it! I can't wait to play with it some more. My kids have wanted to play too, so I had to take turns.

Other J-Mom news, I started Pampered Chef. I signed up on Monday. I'm kind of excited about where I can actually go with the business this time. Yes, this time. This will be the forth time I have signed up with Pampered Chef, all the other times it has been because I wanted lots of Pampered Chef stuff and I wanted to fill my house with it and earning it was the best way to get it. This time I actually need to get some $ so we can do some extra stuff like visit friends. By the way, I will come and visit y'all if you do a show:) Hopefully I can change the way I look at doing Pampered Chef and break my old habits of just doing it at the most minimal.

0 comments: