Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Books, Books and More Books

Books, books and more books

1) Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, I do believe. Cullen made sure I read it while we were dating and his copy moved to "our" shelves after we were married. (Cullen's favorite book.) That's about 16-17 years ago.

2) What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
Currently reading The Call of the Wild (Oldest daughter beat me, we were race reading, I only have a couple pages left), Emma and the 2nd in the Maximum Ride series. Oldest daughter has read the series 3 times and has begged me to read them too. Last read was The Shack and first Maximum ride book. Next read besides the obvious, next book in Maximum Ride series, For One More Day, and been debating hitting Harry Potter or Twilight up for another go around.

3) What book did everyone like and you hated?
I don't have too many book discussions---I should probably change that. I haven't hated a book in awhile either, maybe I should widen what I'm reading. (I do know a book I liked and Jennifer hated though!)

4) Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
I walked over to my bookshelf to see if there was a book sitting there that would fit this answer. I really do plan on on reading those books that I haven't yet read, I know I'm probably fooling myself.

5) Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
I might not be getting to a book as fast as I want, but not ever "saving" it.

6) Last page: read it first or wait til the end?
Wait till the end!

7) Acknowledgments: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
I'm for them.

8) Which book character would you switch places with?
I really can't seem to answer this. I think of the characters I like, then I just like my life just fine--I don't want to switch. Yeah, my imagination sucks---I needed more Sesame Street I think.

9) Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Of course, but specifics are not popping up right now.

10) Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
This really isn't interesting, just way off my norm. I was walking in Sam's Club and a good friend of mine told me to buy The Shack. (Okay first of all, I almost never buy a book I have never heard of before and I hadn't heard of it. Then I don't buy a book I can find in a library.) So I buy this book and tell her I'm going to hit her on the head with it, if I don't like it. I did end up liking it. Found it again a week later in a second hand store for under a dollar and bought it for my friend, because I knew she gave away her only copy.

11) Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
Besides the above story, I'm not so hot at this. Paula is great at passing book to me though. Every time I see her she's passing more on to me.

12) Which book has been with you to the most places?
Probably the Outlander series. (stop cringing Jennifer).

13) Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
I haven't reread many "required readings", but I remember feeling tortured while reading Lorna Doone in high school. I don't think I could ever bring myself to reread that.

14) What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
Drawing a blank here.

15) Used or brand new?
Both. Obviously if it's a release I'm waiting for--it's going to be new. If I come across one I've wanted to read in a second hand store or garage sale---I'm all over it. Of course they are used at the library and that is wonderful too.

16) Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
Maybe not literary genius, but he does know what sales a book and some aren't that bad.

17) Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
The above question reminded me of the Stand, but honestly I don't think I finished reading the entire book, but that was so long ago, maybe I did finish it. I know I didn't see all of the mini-series, but I did enjoy what I saw of the mini-series more.

18) Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
I feel like I'm in school and I have studied for the test and just can't come up with an answer. I know there have been some, but can't think of any.

19) Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
I take suggestion from anyone. Jennifer's has always been good. Paula's has been awesome too.

Now I tag all those that are willing to be tagged.

0 comments: