Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Was Murphy Irish?

I don't know, but I'm thinking Murphy must be Irish, because his law was in full swing tonight. I got to my Mom's dinner overall fine. I had a little uh-oh with the yakitori on the way there (the sauce dripped on the seat some---I will have to spot shot it later---spot shot rocks, it's right up there with the magic eraser.) I had decided before I got there that I was going to make it an early night and not stay much past midnight. (The ladies stay quite late for Mom's night.)

We had a great meal--Japanese food tonight. A meeting on organization (boy, oh boy, what a topic for me.) While I'm there, I misplace my phone. We look all over find it and I am very thankful. I've talked with the ladies for awhile, I'm going to make it an early night, so around 1230 am I start to get ready to go and realize I have lost my phone again!!!!! I look all over. We try and call it, but it's going straight to voice mail, because the battery had died out. I'm getting very frustrated with myself for not being able to keep up with it. I step outside to go put some things in my car, then I realize I had locked my keys in the car. I had a separate key for the ignition that I had in my hand and had locked the keys to the door of the car in the car.

Okay---no phone---now no keys to go home. I know Hubby isn't going to be pleased with all of this. I walk back inside the house, Liz had found my phone (thanks Liz and everyone else for looking for it). It had seeped way down into the couch I had looked in 3 time before. Thankfully one of the ladies husband's was a locksmith. He came out and unlocked my car and I had some friends stay and hang out until he got there. (Thank you Thank you!!!) I had myself a little moment of being overwhelmed to the max, and realized it really might be time to find a good doctor and start readdressing all my ADD issues.

I started my way home, my GPS wasn't working. I took a wrong turn or two and got lost, then looked at my gas level and realized that my gas light was on. UGH!!! Then my GPS started working and I was able to coast most of the way home and I was able to make it to my house close to 3:00am.

At the end of the day/morning I really do feel very blessed to have such great friends helping me along here in the ways they can and so glad that God watches over us all.

There were some frustrating moment

0 comments: