Monday, March 23, 2009

Carpe diem

The other day my oldest child and I were talking and she started telling me of how sad she was that she was getting older. (She is turning 10 soon--I know, so OLD!). She was concerned, because she is over half of the way of being an adult. She said she has really loved being a kid and would rather stay young and be a kid, than get older. She was very upset that she had less years being a child left. She was so upset from it, she was actually crying. It just tore at my heartstrings. First of all, I was amazed, because most of the time, kids just want to get older and older to whatever the next stage is. The second thing is that she is growing up and I know it happens so fast. She is right, there are a lot less of these child carefree days in front of us. She reminded me to not take each for granted, enjoy this time together as much as we can. Something that seems to continuously come back as a theme, but I know it's easy to get caught up in daily life and forget the goodness and awesomeness all around, especially to remember all the greatness of our children.

I am very thankful that God has given me another day and I hope to live it to my fullest potential, enjoying my family, friends and this beautiful world. I hope to carry that through each day that I am blessed with.

0 comments: