Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big Trip

Well, I have been planning for a big trip this summer. I had planned to be able to save so much more for the trip. My goal is to put nothing on a credit card. I have found that our saving money skills kind of stink. I thought if I tracked it online and kept myself more accountable, maybe I would do a little better at saving here and there.

Well, I realized recently that I have saved enough for about 850 miles of the trip, that is if gas stays close to $4 a gallon during the summer. So I was kind of excited, but then I realized how long my trip is, it's 5850 miles. So now I have 5000 miles left to save/earn between now and toward the end of July. Plus food and hotel stays. If you have any great ideas to help out, please let me know.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Ditaur, you need to go away.

J-Mom,
would you consider taking the car, it might be better on gas. Or renting something that is better on gas might save in the long run. I'll give you a deal on rent and I wont charge you for shower tokens, like I usually do:) You could also do a big yard sale, #1 can sell some doughnuts like nobody's business. Good luck!

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randi said...

Everything will work out. Just remember to keep looking at the positive side to the whole situation. I love you tons!