Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Okay, so I haven't really started any in home spring cleaning. That will come probably once I finally turn on the AC.

I have had to deal with some pretty nasty parasitic evil. Of course the first is something we all have to deal with--SPAM! I know we all hate it. I kept on having people spam my comments here, so I had to change my commenting system. So I lost all my old comments, but hopefully I got rid of the problem.

The other thing I am in process of getting rid of is monkey grass from my yard. Monkey grass has pretty much taken over my yard, well not all of it, but it seems like it. I gave away enough today to fill the back of someone's full size truck bed and I still have more to dig out!!!

While digging the monkey grass out of my overgrown "garden" (term very loosely used), I found a tall stalk of something with leaves of three. I remember the saying "Leaves of three, let it be". I take a clipping of it inside and have Hubby search online while I hold it and TA-DAH, it's poison ivy. I found a ton of it. Yes, what everyone wants to find for their children to play in. Well, as I am digging and digging this stuff up, it's putting up a good fight--Bobo comes walking over in the pile of poison ivy with bare feet. We got him in the tub quickly. I have been hit all over my body with it trying to get it up. I haven't gotten it all up, that's my task tomorrow.

We looked online and found out that it takes 24-36 hours for your body to react to it. So I am really hoping we aren't going to react, because the next few days will be so much fun if all of us are broken out.

It's a mental game too. You know when someone is talking about sometime they have dealt with lice, you immediately feel your head itch--I know your are thinking of scratching your head right now. Well, as soon as you know you've been in poison ivy, your body starts itching all over.

It's been fun! Now I am off to clean out even more junk, my e-mail inbox. Can't seem to keep that cleaned out of a lot of junk. Hopefully I'll find a good e-mail in there while cleaning!

0 comments: