Monday, April 21, 2008

Cancelled Trip

I know things work out for a reason. The last time I posted I really wasn't thinking I would have to cancel my trip, just maybe eat a few more PB&J's along the way. Well, as I was trying to figure out our finances, Hubby chimed in about some money I was expecting that won't be coming in. A whopping $1500. We had already agreed beforehand that I wasn't putting the trip on credit card. So with a slow start on savings a loss of $1500 that was going to the trip, I can't make it up this year. So we will stay local this year. That is unless the kids find gold while digging in the back yard or some other great finding in the next couple months.

There is a silver lining. We had already bought Hubby a plane ticket to go visit my sister while we were there. I am going to find out how to change a name on a ticket, I know it will probably cost an arm and a leg. Hubby already has that week off from work, so I will be going to Oregon for a week by myself! That is kind of exciting. I really haven't been on a vacation without Hubby or kids since I was married---not that I can think of. This will be my first solo trip in 14 years.

4 comments:

Cullen said...

And after this trip I'm fairly certain it'll be 14 more before the next time.

Randi said...

That is funny Cullen. I can't wait to see you anyway. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Davis Family said...

Can we make it a girls trip and I'll meet you there:) You will have a blast, it probably worked out better for you anyway! We will keep the light on for you anyway.