Sunday, October 5, 2008

Slacker!

I know you're thinking I'm a slacker, I can hear it through the keyboard!

I have been torn about what to blog about, I am trying to keep people updated, but do people really want to know? We had a week (well days, it feels like it was a week) of bodily fluids flying every direction. I found out the splatter zone for a child upchucking by only lifting her head over the top bunk down, and of course onto the floor that was covered with all the things they hadn't picked up over the last few days. I had to clean it myself taking many personal trips to the bathroom, because I was the first one to come down with the nastiness. All through the night all the girls & I running to & from the bathroom or using their special, large bowls lying nearby.

This wasn't a fast running bug, it took a couple days to run it's course and of course Bobo was jumping and full of life. Literally jumping over our pitiful bodies at one point. Hubby can't help, because Hubby can't bend, lift, twist, drive, he is supposed to just be healing. (After a month he's allowed to start lifting over 5 pounds, 2 weeks until he can drive.)

Thankfully a dear friend brought us Sprite, ginger ale and popsicles or I don't think we would have had any intake that day.

One of these moments of Bobo's jumping up around, full of life, outside playing with the dog, he and the dog came in covered head to toe with what I thought was dirt. Well, no, he had found a partially used bag of quick cement outside (yes, with the warning label, keep away from children, don't get on your skin--can burn, don't inhale, yep all of that). Everything turned out okay from that, or at least that's what we are telling ourselves. (soon when the pipes are all clogged up, because they are filled with cement, from bathing him!, we'll be singing a different tune.)

Oh yeah, and I forgot that he also some how took a dump in a towel, all through the towel, I guess he was having flashbacks of his poop smearing days. Oh, how happy I am and glad those days are over and he was able to confine the dump to a towel. I still can make no sense of it.

We have finally made it through the nastiness, then through the clean-up mode, now working on finishing catching up, getting back to the swing of things. (Well, I always feel like I'm playing catch up and trying to get with the swing of things--so maybe things are more back to normal than I would like to admit.)

Until next time, well, if there is a next time---after all the nasty talk, not sure if you'll come back!

0 comments: