Thursday, September 13, 2007

Playing in Poop!

Oh today was a trial. Warning---if you are queasy----this might be too much for you!

The girls didn't want to do their work with as much zeal as they have had on other days. I think the nice weather was just tempting them to go outside. I woke up not feeling great---so that doesn't set the tone well for the day. Bo-bo had been playing outside in some mud while the girls finished their work. So I clean him up enough for lunch then pop in the tub while I grab a quick bite. By the time I finished I hear Bo-bo fussing in the bathroom---I assumed it was because I had his towel downstairs.

NOPE!!!

I open the door and the whole bathroom is covered with poop and toothpaste. What a disgusting smell. Minty Poop! The tub, the entire carpet area, the tile area, the toilet, the linen closet door, the door, the wall---all with a smell that makes you want to faint and puke at the same time.

Okay, I know I might have gotten a little graphic for some. Well, we had company coming over in a couple hours and I still had to clean up the kitchen and pick up downstairs! And I was worried that the smell would not leave. (I think it finally left after I steam cleaned the floor.)

I have no clue what is up with the poop smearing, but he is slowly getting out of this stage. I can not wait until it is all gone. This is one of the areas he regressed to with the move. He was almost all out of this stage before we left Albany. Then he went back to doing it every day after we moved. He hadn't done it in over a week, until today.

Okay, I had to vent. It's so disgusting. This is one area of parenthood I did not think of before having kids. There is a bit of a funny side to all the poop though. While Cullen and I were dating I worked as a CNA in a nursing home and worked on an Alzheimer's wing. So there was actually a poop smearer on that wing, and just the nature of the job---poop was involved. So poor Cullen had to listen to all my disgusting Poop stories from work. Now we have come around full circle again---I still have to tell him about my disgusting poop stories from my day.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Keep your head up, it will get better. We all have days that push us to our limits. I am here for you if you need to vent.

Randi said...

And you know nothing is too graphic for me. :-)

MIA said...

Oh, my goodness, Shauna!!
I can just imagine the scenes in that story. I guess he figured the toothpaste would smell better???