Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life Here So Far

We are here and slowly getting used to the place. I figured I would give blogging a try to keep everyone updated. We have taught the kids about Internet Safety. Instead of using our own names we all have our nick names for online. The nick names go down in order of age of the family and should be pretty obvious to those of you that know us. Starting with Dad (very creative), Gabbi (has been known to talk and talk and talk), Superstar (enjoys any stage), Fashionista (fashion is very important---actually last time we were at Sears I was trying on some shoes and she said, "I wouldn't wear those in public" and finally Bo-Bo (given the nick name by a friend, then after viewing a few Diego shows with the Bo-Bo brothers it fits him perfectly.)



Here is our 3rd Sunday here. No, Fashionista isn't so upset because of her hair---She actually loved having hair curlier than Superstar's.







After church our awesome neighbor took all of us with turns on his trike around the neighborhood. He made this trike by putting together part of a Volkswagen and motorcycle. We have been very lucky with great neighbors here. Dad and I even took a ride. It was quite fun.




Okay, there are so many little problems with this house, I couldn't pass up sharing some of them. You can see part of the kitchen floors here---yes I will share more on my ugly kitchen floors, but you can see the two levels of peel and stick here. Bo-Bo has wanted to be a puppy dog. Many times around the house he is all fours and going around the house panting. He has even tried to eat and drink like a dog.





Well, here are the blinds in the living room. I went to start cleaning them, yes---they were that dirty. As I started cleaning them, first I realized they needed to hit a tub, because I really thought they were beige, not white blinds when I first started cleaning. Then I realized the place were you put the stick to open and close the blinds was broken, so it became pointless--we need new blinds.



Are those Big Boy Pants? (I have corrected myself many times today---boys do not wear panties). Yes, today out of the blue Bo-Bo started asking about going potty. He went 4 times this morning without being prompted or too much praise. Then I figured it's time--he is ready. (Nobody asked me--I'm not ready!!!!) So off to Wally World we go to buy the essentials---I know I have some big boy pants somewhere in some box---oh well, it's fun for them to pick out their first packs. We had to get a stool so he could get to the potty and treats. Well, he did pretty good all day long. A few times he started, then ran to the potty. He got to the bathroom once for a poop and another was close, then about 3 more times he got the poop on the potty.

I think some of his success could be that if the girls helped him to the potty I would treat them too. So through the whole day the girls were asking him if he had to go. He had to tell them "NO!" plenty of times.

5 comments:

steve said...

you didn't say it was eecause I was there that Bo-Bo started potty
training

J-Mom said...

Oh, I forgot, my father was visiting and believes it was all because of him being here that Bo-Bo began going on the potty.

Who knows?

WWJDJOHN said...

Hi Gabbi this is JLHjr. Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that sis had sent me the web site so we could keep up and share with you all also. more later. JLHjr.

MIA said...

I think this is a great idea. I hope you'll put pictures and stuff the kids say and do really often. I'll never get enough!!

Sky's Mom said...

Hi Gabbi-love the blog...add your Superstar with your Fashionista and you get one "Sky"

Glad to see Bo Bo is on the way to "bigboyville", know you'll love not having to buy diapers. And if he continues acting like a puppy, get that boy a dog.

@