Thursday, September 13, 2007

Barefoot in the Woods

Yes! There is a little patch of woods next to us and yesterday the girls came back from their walk in the woods barefoot! I was so upset.

Where are your shoes?

We lost them?

How did you lose your shoes?

Superstar had stepped in a little stream, or path from our recent rain water that came up to her knee and when she lifted her leg to take another step, her shoe was left behind. So she decided to leave her other shoe next to the water and since Superstar was going shoeless, Fashionista took off her shoes and left them there too.

In the end, Superstar finally found her shoes and they both came back with shoes.

The girls have been loving running through the woods and playing out there. Of course I want them to on one hand, but I still have a bit of paranoia in me too. Worry about snakes and them hurting themselves and of course this patch of woods is next to our neighborhood, so I worry about someone else being out there too. (yes, Moms just worry.) I was thinking about getting walkie talkies for them to take with them so I could holler at them through the walkie talkie, but if they can't keep up with their shoes while they are out there, I don't know how great that would work.

I found the neatest website to go along with their nature findings:

http://www.enature.com/home/

They have come back and identified a salamander they found out there. I am going to continue with them and hopefully we will learn some trees and birds too.

0 comments: