Sunday, September 2, 2007

Five Miles (UGH!!!!)

Well, Saturday was the day for my "long" run. This week was five miles, I did it in 79 minutes. Yes, my mile per minutes were just a wee bit slower, but it's coming along slowly. Now it's time to up my training so I can get a bit better. I was hurting pretty bad after the run,(yes I know I am getting old) but I am doing much better today. December 1st is the big date for the 1/2 marathon!


















(You should be able to click on the pictures to see a bigger picture!)














Friday we went to the sprinkler park again. Dad had the day off from work, since he has to go to DC for the week for work. (waaa! I want somebody to send me away to a "Mommy convention" for a week, I don't even think I would care where they sent me!)

The kids had a blast! I love the park there, but it is a bit of a drive away. I am interested in finding some things that are a little closer.

Tuesday the kids start school. No, I am not all the way ready--I think I have unboxed everything school oriented. The "extra" room with all the stuff, is pretty much piled with all the stuff. So you can guess that tonight and tomorrow are crunch time for getting the school in order.

I found a great new idea for scripture memorization and thought I would try to share it. http://atime4everythingblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/scripture-memory-system.html

2 comments:

Texas Tornado said...

Dang! I am having a hard enough time making myself walk for 30 minutes. You go girl? I bet you are losing weight!

steve said...

I was upto 5 miles a day when I ran my first and only marathon in 1990. If I could do it I know you will do just fine