Saturday, September 8, 2007

Quitting Time

I guess this was the quitting week. Bo-Bo has quit potty training. Mostly because from the afternoon on he didn't make many of his trips all the way to the potty. Which turns out to make lots of messes and with home schooling I just couldn't commit myself both ways. So back to my philosophy on potty training that both the Mom and the kid have to be ready. Bo-Bo might be ready, but after two weeks of cleaning tons of messes, I wasn't ready to continue. He will have to wait for another time.

Yes, unfortunately there is something else that has been put on the back burner. I was running (run/walking) pretty religiously, well I hurt my hip mighty bad on Thursday. I have been using ibuprofens and ice and rest. I know it takes time. While I am down and out I have been wondering if I am going to really be able to run this 1/2 marathon. So I am thinking maybe I will start my training with speed walking, which I know I really like, but I would have to step that up quite a bit too, seeing the race is still December 1st. I know power walking is much kinder on joints. I am at a loss. Any advice out there I would love to here.

Dad has also quit his free time, seeing he has picked up a second job. He has joined the ranks of Dominos.

4 comments:

steve said...

Just take it easy when you start back training, you don't to over do it.

MIA said...

Rest and relax and give that hip/back thing time to recover before you get out again. I think the doctors would tell you the same thing and give you muscle relaxers, etc. ex.- Cullen
I'm proud of you, girl.

MIA said...

Looks like the kids had a ball at the water park place. I showed the pic to Emma and she got a kick out of them...but mostly the videos...she asked to see them again and again ;)

J-Mom said...

Yeah! I got comments!!