Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not Thrilled

Yesterday, I actually made it to the movies and finally saw Twilight.

The main feeling I had leaving the movie was---I am old! I know this was geared toward the teenage girl--I was not the target audience.

I waited this long to avoid the Emo crowd as much as I could, I did succeed at that. Only 7 people in the theatre, an older couple, a Mom and her two younger kids and me and a friend. I do love watching movies in a theatre when I'm practically the only person there.

To start off I wasn't thrilled with the theatre. I'm still checking out all the theatres around here and chose one I hadn't been to before. It was really stinky in the theatre I was in. I was so glad I had some jelly belly like jelly beans to help keep the smell down. I had wished I had bought popcorn just to be able to put my nose in the bucket. The sound was awful, they must have been having problems with their speakers, the sound kept going in and out.

I wasn't thrilled with the coloring in the movie. I'm not quite sure what the effect is called, but it didn't draw me in at all, I kept wanting to adjust it. I did enjoy the scenes much better during the end credits, when everything was in black & white. Some of the instrumental background parts of the movie just didn't fit at all, it felt like someone was just plunking around with a keyboard, instead of setting the mood for the scene. I wasn't thrilled with casting or with the acting or the script. A good portion of the movie I felt like I flipped on an after school special (yes, again showing my age--I don't think they have those anymore). All of this and I didn't hate it. I'll watch it again when it comes out to video and probably go see the sequel.

I did enjoy your review Jennifer!

I did laugh harder at this spoof trailer Elastic posted, even after seeing the movie.

0 comments: