Friday, December 19, 2008

Surgery Day!

Started quite early in the morning to be able to get to the surgery center on time. Of course I did not have much sleep. We get there and begin the hurry up and wait game. It didn't take them long to get him back for the prep stuff.

I had been concerned about how the wait in the waiting room was going to be. You never know who is going to be there. Last time the room had been filled with older people just talking about how good things were back in the day, they were actually quite entertaining. This time just a couple of quiet people keeping to themselves. The TV had some kind of awful problem. About every 10-15 seconds it freaked out and flipped over to a static channel for a split second and made a weird noise. It was definitely something that got your nerves. They finally turned off the sound after a couple of hours. I dozed off a few times, because I was so exhausted.

The most entertaining thing that happened was someone just walked in from the street and stated quite loudly, "Praise Bob Barker! Praise the Price is Right! Praise Bob Barker! Bob Barker! Price is Right!" Then he just turned around and walked out of the center.

I got kind of concerned, because Hubby took so long, but all is fine. They got me back to the recovery area. After a little while there, Hubby is about ready to leave I tell Hubby, "You know how you get kind of sick feeling when you haven't slept or eaten well." Then a waive of nausea hit me and I had three or four nurses around me guiding me to sit down, putting wet rags on me, fanning me with their charts. A nurse guided me outside and felt better soon after. So I delayed us leaving little longer.

0 comments: