Monday, May 19, 2008

Camera Therapy

You know those moments when you think, I wished I would have taken a picture of that. I know I have taken some pictures of kids doing things that normally would have sent me over the edge, but grabbing the camera helped out. Well, yesterday I should have thought of grabbing the camera. I told the girls they could make brownies from scratch all by themselves. I was taking some "down" time. By the time they were ready to put them in the oven, they are covered with cocoa powder. I guess Child #2 turned on the mixer on full blast with the cocoa powder in there. Well, while they were cooking, they didn't put any lids back on things like flour and sugar, so cocoa flew into all the containers too. An egg had fallen on the ground and I'm not sure what else. I walked into the mess and told them it better be cleaned up like it was before they started cooking. Yes, I was frustrated...after they cleaned up, and they cleaned it up great! I realized I should have taken a picture of it and that probably would have not let me get frustrated. So my goal now is to try and take pictures of those wonderful moments. We'll see if that helps some!!!

By the way, they made some of the best tasting brownies I have had. Wish I could share in the virtual world.

0 comments: