Thursday, May 29, 2008

Never Argue With a Two-Year-Old

When the girls were younger I started saying, "Never argue with a 2 yr old." Then I appropriately changed the age to fit the age of the child. I hadn't thought about that in awhile. Then Bobo woke up this morning. His first statement of the day, "It's Sunday." Of course I know it's not, so I tell him, no it's Thursday.

Bobo---No it's Sunday.
Mom--No, today is Thursday, it's trash day.
Bobo--It's Sunday, it's church day.
Mom--We're going to the gym.
Bobo--Go to church.

You think I would have remembered you don't argue with a 2 year old before this point. I just gave up, then he gave me one last to go on, he stated kind of in a questioning tone, "It's Friday?" I just let it go. (Yes, I'm a slow learner, but I did learn.) Later in the morning he tried the Sunday thing again, it was kind of funny.

I'm glad this happened, because I haven't thought of my never argue with a ___year old in awhile. I need to remember this. Especially with the girls getting older and I know a whole new level of arguing is probably a brewing. So I am hoping to remember to not argue. State what needs to be stated and leave it be. We'll see what the future brings.

0 comments: