Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memphis Botanic Gardens











Recently we went to the Memphis Botanic Gardens http://www.memphisbotanicgarden.com/ with some friends of ours. We had a blast there, it was so gorgeous! We only saw a few of the gardens they have to offer. I wish I would have known about this earlier, now with summer on the rise things are going to get too hot too fast!

We had fun feeding the fish, it's good going with someone who has been before, I never would have known they sold bags of fish food at the front desk.

I was a little worried a few times. As you can see from one of the pictures there is a place where the water meets the sidewalk and the water looks a bit deep. Well, all the kids get real close to feed the fish and geese, because it's almost as if they are eating out of your hands. You actually get splashed by the fish, they are so close.

Another time Bobo decided to walk on the outside railing of the bridge in the picture, that was the most scary moment, because I had already walked on. I turned around, and he had run back to the other side of the bridge and tried to cross the bridge on the outside of the railing. One slip and down he would have fallen. I made it to the bridge and got him all safe a sound, it took my heart a little while to stop pounding so hard though.

The girls had fun with their friend and all the wildlife, searching for goose eggs, different flowers and they came across a dead fish too----YUCK!

0 comments: