Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

Mary, Stacy & Me


All of us in my car.

I have seen a lot of others that are blogging along with a Flashback Friday and I decided to join in, just not officially, just doing my own thing.

Yes, of course I started off my flashback with the first older pictures I came across and it just had to be my Prom pictures. Wow, it's been a few years--16 to be exact. The one cool thing about coming across these pictures was coming across a picture of my first car. Yes, I loved my car. It was a rusting, piece of floor missing, most of the time had to push start, great, great car. So many great memories of that car. My Dad bought it for me for $200 back in 1992. The car itself is a 1976 Datsun B210. Yes, for some of you younger kids out there, you have never even heard of Datsun, but you know them as Nissan now. I kept it until I got married, which was about 2-3 years later.

Now I am really trying to remember Prom for Biloxi High School 1992. I know for one thing, I did not want to go. I went strictly on the fact that I didn't want to look back and wish that I would have gone to Prom. I have no clue what the theme was. I went with a group of guys and girls that were stag and some couples--I went stag, I did not want to make it a bigger production than it already was. (I need to look for the picture of all of us at the Prom.) This is a picture of me(the short one) and two of the friends that I went with. I think we went to a really nice Italian restaurant before hand. I showed up to the Prom, took our picture to prove I was there, then went back to my boyfriend's house after the Prom. That is a pretty boring Prom story, but I can say I went! I also wanted to add, many of you know I have a pretty crappy memory, so if you happen to have been there and have anything to add or correct, let me know!

Here's a picture of a side view of a car like mine, of course mine was white, but you can see a better view of it. I'm not sure if I have any other pictures of my car.

0 comments: