Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Duct Tape and Boys



I am becoming to believe that a love for duct tape is part of some male genetic code. There was duct tape left where Bobo could reach it, I was next to him when he realized it, and his eyes grew large and bright and he was smiling. He of course asked for a piece of duct tape. The first piece he used to put on his mouth and gag himself. He played with that piece for awhile, then came for a second piece. With the 2nd piece he ran over to a broken chair we have sitting by the door, waiting to go out to the trash. He wrapped the chair with the piece of duct tape, then came and got a screw driver to finish fixing the chair.

After he was finished fixing the chair, he got another piece of duct tape and brought it back to me in ring form. He told me to put it on my wrist and it was for the monsters. I asked him, if it was to bring the monsters, he said, "NO, to fight monsters!" So after I put my bracelet on, we spent the next little while "fighting monsters" around the house. Bobo armed with a sword and me with my duct tape bracelet. It was a fun morning.

0 comments: