Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Date Night!

Well, we made it out for a full "date night". No kids broke teeth or tried choking on anything, so our time away went well. We actually had someone e-mail us about our need for a front door this afternoon. (Our front door has some rot on the bottom, or I should say where the bottom used to be---very much in need of new door.) So we went door shopping and came home with a great door and a mattress. Then we ran to Circle K and Hubby had a coffee and I had a flavored hot chocolate (yumm!), that was followed by a trip to the library!

The lady that e-mailed me was one of the nicest ladies I have met and so resourceful. She helped us get a door from her large collection of stuff and mattresses for the girl's bedroom! (The kids are all 3 sleeping on the futon bed right now.) She helped us out very much on our extremely tight budget and I am so excited that we didn't have to charge anything (we might make it out of debt one day yet!!!). She has horses too and invited us out to come and see them---Superstar won' t know what to do with herself when I tell her this.

It's always great to meet great people! I have been very lucky moving here with the great people that I have met. Actually, I have been lucky to meet great people everywhere I have been able to live. Here we seem to be meeting them a bit faster.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Wonderful! How did you get in touch with this nice lady? Congrats on having a date without anything going wrong. Keep the updates coming. I love it.

steve said...

well I finelly viewed your last three posts and it was good to get caught on the James happens. I looked at the slide show for the first time. Where did you go strawberry plcking at? Have a great day.