Monday, October 8, 2007

Love Yourself!

I was getting ready to wind down my day today and I first started thinking of all the things I didn't get to do. All the things that I probably should have done. Telling myself that I will get better, that I will do better tomorrow, in a way kind of beating myself up for everything I didn't do. Then at the same time I kind of realized how much that negative attitude hurts my productivity and kind of snowballs into a bigger mess of feeling sorry and actually doing less, instead of doing more.

I know as a woman it's pretty easy to guilt trip oneself and also not feel good enough. I also think that we don't really love ourselves enough.

Then it hit me again (this is not the first time I have realized this, but this time was even stronger than times before) I am loved just the way I am. I need to love myself for who I am and who I am right now. I should focus more on all I do. This positive outlook is one that many more things can be accomplished.

I know that God loves each of us. I know he looks on us and sees good in everyone. He knows us better than we know ourselves and loves us. He also wants joy in our lives.

My goal is to try and remember this==love and feel the joy in all I do. Even something as doing the dishes blesses lives around my home and if I remember this, I can find joy in doing the dishes and every other thing in my life.

As I said I know God loves us. He wants us to be who we are and be great as who we are. Not saying that I don't need to continue in improving my life and take a step at a time as I try and live my life more like Christ. (Obviously I am pretty good at wallowing in how far off I am.)

Love yourself. Love yourself right now. Love what makes you you. Love your strengths and weaknesses.

You are wonderful and you are loved!

We should each say to ourselves----I am wonderful and I am loved.

3 comments:

Christie Jarvis said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am glad that I came to read yours too. We all need to be reminded that we are loved NO MATTER what!

Have a great day!!


www.christiejarvis.com/blog

Randi said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

by Ann D. said...

Thanks for the entry. I share those feelings too, and it has inspired me to start a business to encourage other women to love themselves. I designed a line of tees with positive phrases printed in reverse so you can read it while looking at your own reflection. I called them RubyLove Reflection-Tees. If you are curious, here's my website: http://www.myrubylove.com. Thanks again.