Monday, June 2, 2008

Farewell Scale

I was talking with one of my aerobic instructors a couple weeks ago about my hatred for my scale. I bought my scale a few months ago, because my old one bit the dust. I spent some money on the scale, because I wanted a good scale. It does the body fat percentage, has a place for multiple users. Then just recently it seemed to start jumping weight up or down by up to ten pounds. Now when you loose 10 pounds in a couple days, you know something might be wrong with your scale, but it doesn't hurt your feelings much. When you gain 10 pounds practically overnight, it does nothing good, even though you know it's mostly just the scale.

My instructor asked how often I weighed myself. I told her daily, (What I didn't tell her was that I weigh myself all day long. I like to see how much I weigh morning, afternoon and night.) she frowned at weighing yourself daily. So I asked if weighing in weekly was better. She suggested just throwing the scale away all together and not get on a scale and to go by how you feel. Well, for someone who weighs themselves at least 3 times a day--that seemed a little drastic. (Okay, maybe I have a problem with the weighing in thing.)

I decided to put my scale away and put it up for a month. So I weighed myself yesterday and will be pulling out my scale 1 July. I'm hoping this helps me stay more motivated through the whole month also. Seeing I am working towards a longer goal, weighing myself through the day doesn't help towards anything. So hopefully this great new outlook will help, I will keep you posted, and hopefully I don't fall off the wagon, it'll be tempting to weigh in at the gym.

Yeah, I got problems, most people stay away from a scale at all costs.

0 comments: