Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Broken Things

Broken Hip

The first thing that started off broken was my hip (not bone broken--just not working right kind of broken). My old injury came back and I have had to hobble more and wince a lot more. I was nearly in tears by the end of Saturday night. I had been going all day long. I have taken off a few days this week from working out and went to a chiropractor and had my first real adjustment. I am hoping this gets better soon. I quit working out all together last year because of this same injury and I don't want to repeat that.

Broke Car

Sunday morning started off with early morning meetings at church. Our early meetings start 2 hours before our services start. It's just a long day for me and the kids (it's just me & the kids at church, Hubby stays home). With meetings they're there for over five hours & that's just a long day for all of us. My hubby offered to drop the kids off, I was so thankful. Well about 15 min before church was about to start, he wasn't there, which is late for him. I started getting worried. I got a message on my phone that he had a flat tire, he had noticed it before he left the house. He got it fixed and got the kids there in their Sunday dress during the opening song. I was quite impressed. I was glad that he was able to fix it and we were able to get it patched later. He did get a speeding ticket on the way home.

Broke House

Our AC broke down Sunday night. It was fixed Monday evening to break again Monday night, but got fixed Tuesday evening again. It was hot and I totally was going to start Siesta in our house, but we usually had to leave by 3pm, or else drown in our sweat! Glad to have AC again.

Broke Kid

Because we had no AC. I went and searched for our slip n slide for the kids to play on to keep cool. Well, middle Child #2 rammed into Child #1's foot with her head while slipping & sliding. I was inside trying to read a book and Child #1 is very gifted in overreacting and exaggerating. I heard her just going on and on and on and on about how she was hurt. She limps on her foot a lot afterward, which she is also great at milking things. I hadn't noticed any swelling or bruising. I wasn't too concerned about it at all. So I just kind of ignored it, until later that evening, when she took off her shoe.....lot's of swelling and bruising. Oh, I felt just awful. Everything looked better the next morning, so I don't think there was an actual break, but I don't think I'll be up for the Mommy Award of the Year either.

Things Are Good


I know these things are such little things and we have really been enjoying our summer and having a blast!


0 comments: