Sunday, June 15, 2008

HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!



I am going to share with you some of my ignorance and also some pictures of my sad, sad, sad garden. (This is one of those times it's more embarrassing if you click on the picture to see it larger--you can see everything dying.)

I am ignorant in the realm of gardening, so please if you know something, or knows someone who knows something, I will take any advice. Or even a good book about it all.

The beans are the best thing surviving in my garden so far. Everything else has either died, or just barely hanging on. The biggest frustration/question I have---I keep reading about how you are supposed to support the beans with a pole and they might need help guiding around the pole. But I can not figure out the bean pole thing. I bought 4 foot bamboo poles to use, but I'm just not sure what I am supposed to do. How do you support the beans? (I feel stupid having to ask this.)

So now I am afraid that the only thing surviving is going to fail too.

Please help me have at least one thing survive!!!!!

Most things have not survived in my actual garden. You can see a patch of something in the upper right hand corner of the top picture. I didn't realize I wasn't going to have room for pumpkins or watermelons in my garden--those are the pumpkins in the picture. So I kind of just threw them in the ground and they are actually doing quite well, so far. It's going to be sad that if the only things to survive are the things not in the actual garden area.

0 comments: