Monday, June 9, 2008

Weighing In or Not!

I put my scale up a few days ago---since I was weighing myself all the time. For some reason I am supposed to start thinking about things differently, because I am not weighing myself all the time. It's been strangely weird not to get on the scale. I have been tempted every time I have gone to the gym. I have been tempted to just go and grab the scale out of the closet, for just one curious look. So far I have succeeded and have not given in to temptation, (well at least not this temptation).

Well, I had to make cookies for church last week and I froze the rest of the cookie dough, so I could have something to make really quick if I had to (and if all those cookies had been cooked, they still wouldn't be around). Well, so far I have only had to make spoonfuls of cookie dough jump in my mouth. Tonight I was craving a warm cookie(or maybe really more than one, because the cold cookie dough just wasn't cutting it). I put three not-so-small cookies in the toaster oven on a pie plate. I do believe my instructor was right, my thinking might have changed because I put up the scale. I actually thought---who cares, I don't have to get on the scale.

Maybe this wasn't the intent of this goal, but change has occurred and now my belly is full of warm chocolatey chip goodness, with milk of course.

0 comments: