Friday, November 7, 2008

Noisy Pancakes AKA Blender Pancakes

Kari, a dear friend of mine, introduced me to noisy pancakes. Her kids always loved eating them. My family adores them too! All those I have shared the recipe with have loved them too!

This is how I was using my wheat, because I didn't have a grinder. The only way I got to grind wheat was going to a friend's house. There were a couple occasions when I have had friends that have let me just borrow their grinders, but we all seem to move too much!

Yes, I finally got my own grinder a few months back (yipee!!!! It was a tough choice between a Cricut or wheat grinder). We still enjoy Noisy Pancakes!

1 cup wheat kernels (washed)
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup veggie oil
1TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 TBSP honey (can substitute sugar)

Put milk & wheat in blender and blend on highest speed for 4-5 min or until batter is smooth. (usually just a couple of minutes) Add remaining ingredients. Blend on low until mixed.

Bake on a hot griddle.

*****for waffles add 1/2 cup flour and one more egg!

0 comments: