Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Time

Yes, I know Halloween is over. But pumpkins were cheap right after Halloween, so now I can make some pumpkin puree. MMMMMM.... I'm pretty sure in the past I have cooked down the pumpkin in the microwave. This year I have 2 pumpkins to cook down, so I am using the oven.

Now I have to decide what I am making with the pumpkins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin roll, pumpkin pancakes. Not quite sure, if you have any suggestions---I'll take them!!! (of course I'm roasting pumpkin seeds!)

I also found a recipe for pumpkin smoothie that sounds kind of yummy that I thought I'd share.

Pumpkin Smoothies
1/2 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup milk or vanilla yogurt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 ice cubeswhipped cream (optional)sprinkles (optional)

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2-3 glasses. Serve with a small amount of whipped cream on top. You may also add orange sprinkles if you like. Serves 2-3.

0 comments: