Saturday, November 8, 2008

Repeated Question!

I am tired, almost went to sleep and realized I hadn't posted today. Almost lost my month of blogging daily, I probably will miss later this month, but it's not today!!!!

Lately, I have seemed to run into people who have friends, family or acquaintances that have become Mormon. Once they find out I am also Mormon and I had activated after some years of being married, I have had the same question repeated, how did you give up caffeine, especially drinking Coca Cola? Because their "friend/loved one/co-worker" had such a hard time giving up Coke.

Obviously this post is directed to the other Mormon or two out there that reads my blog:)

The only thing I have ever read being stated has been coffee and tea for "hot drinks" from the Word of Wisdom. I have heard a ton of speculation as to why, tanic acid or whatever the acid is in coffee and tea. Basically commandment equals abstain from coffee and tea!

I see chocolate at every church potluck, obviously chocolate is caffeinated. So it's obviously not a caffeine thing.

Where is this soda thing coming from? Is there something I have missed? Please comment and let me know!!!!

0 comments: